The Netherlands Diplomatic Network in the United States will highlight women entrepreneurship in a virtual roundtable on March 8 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
A group of inspiring female entrepreneurs and leaders, including former EU Commissioner Neelie Kroes, will discuss entrepreneurship in the US and the Netherlands and how women can contribute to new ideas, experience, and expertise.
Ambassador André Haspels will open the event and Consul General Ruth Emmerink will moderate the roundtable.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands aims to inspire and support women entrepreneurs to overcome common hurdles in setting up a business, including access to finance, networks, and markets.
“Advancing women entrepreneurship internationally remains a priority for the Netherlands. This is especially true in COVID times, as research shows women entrepreneurs are especially vulnerable to the economic impact of the pandemic. The gender gap has deepened with the transition to working from home,” said Ambassador André Haspels. “But even in normal times, we need to do more to support women entrepreneurs.”
Consul General Ruth Emmerink has supported female entrepreneurs in the Miami region since 2019: “The Dutch government is committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing equal treatment for all. Part of that commitment is supporting women entrepreneurs in accessing foreign markets and increasing their international activity, hence this roundtable discussion.”
Other speakers of the roundtable include:
- Natalia Martinez-Kalinina, who most recently led the expansion of the Cambridge Innovation Center to Miami, seeking to deepen and nuance the conversation about entrepreneurship, and building tangible bridges to innovation hubs and Latin America.
- Jamine Moton, founder and CEO of Skylar Security, an innovative leader in the industry of privately owned security companies.
- Janneke Niessen, a serial entrepreneur, angel investor, board member, diversity advocate, and founding partner of CapitalT.
- Ellen van Rooijen, director of operations and research and development strategy at Montai Health.
- Mary Vermeer Andringa, chair emeritus of Vermeer, a global industrial and agricultural equipment company headquartered in Pella, Iowa.
We invite entrepreneurs, business leaders, and other trailblazers to join us in accelerating women’s entrepreneurship. The virtual roundtable will be hosted on March 8, 11 a.m. ET (5 p.m. CET) and is free to the public. You can register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/accelerating-womens-entrepreneurship-registration-141342255491
from Embassy of the Netherlands https://ift.tt/3b2EA11